Dear Awesome Person
How are you? I hope this letter finds you well. Can I just start off by saying that you are an awesome person with impeccable taste? You're writing me an X-Men First Class
story, therefore *awesome*!
Just before we get to the nitty-gritty, just be aware that whatever you write, so long as you've enjoyed it's crafting, I am bound to enjoy it too. So, no pressure on you;)
I'll talk you through my likes and dislikes before getting into the prompts themselves. If this seems kinda familiar... I copied and pastaed stuff from my yuletide
letter. Even so, the sentiments are still the same.
The 'Yes Please!'
list includes - Plot, character-led stories, friendships, alternative realities where one thing changes, hugs/cuddling, women characters being awesome and competent, teams equaling families, happy(ish) endings, conversations/banter, films, kisses, laughter, humour, science, teamwork, adventures, slice of life, dancing, joy, life...
Fandom Specific - I love the (what I refer to as) The Silver Knights as much as the Celtic Hotties versions of Charles And Erik, so if you're hearing Sir Patrick and Sir Ian - go right on ahead. I love and adore Raven, so if she turns up to snark and generally hang out, I'll be very happy. If you want an OT3 with the three of them, I'd be overjoyed. Also, found families, mutant rights/politics, Alt Universes...
And did I mention that I'm very much a denialist about the Beach Divorce? As in It Did Not Happen (or at least it might have been a separation?) If that goes against your beliefs, writer, then I don't mind them being separated, so long as there is a chance of reconciliation? As I said - fluffy monster is fluffy.
If you want to go down the sexyteims route - sensuality is key as is emotional engagement and consent among adults too. My strongest leaning is towards m/m, quite happy with het but I'm afraid that f/f does nothing for me. Be far happier with female friendships, if that's okay with you.
The 'No Thank You'
list - Character death*, kink, humiliation, partner betrayal, character bashing (especially women characters) porn minus plot, dark themes. Yes, I am a fluff monster of epic
proportions - plays havoc with the upholstery.
*Shaw is fine - everybody else isn't! And Now A Quick Word From Our Sponsors Re Ratings
- If you, awesome writer, can’t ‘do’ romance (het, slash or poly as the prompt suggests - or not) I would lovelovelove (more than cake!) Gen fic.
Okay - onto the prompts:
1) - Date Night At The Movies
- what can I say? I'm a movie buff - go period specific ('Dr No' - aka the first Bond film came out in April '63 in the US, for one) or more up to date if you're skewing older. What do they go see? What does everyone else think? Is it a date or just two friends going to see a film and hang out?
2) - On the World Bromance Tour (aka the recruiting trip) Charles (by complete accident) telepathically 'hears' Erik call out his name while he's masturbating in the shower. What does Charles do?
This idea intrigues the hell out of me, unfortunately, I can't write porn to save my *life*. Charles seems to be very much intent on keeping his promise to stay out of Erik's head, but what about the things he can't 'help' but hear. Is he shocked? pleased? burdened with angst? tries to ignore it? How does Erik react?
3) - Bond! AU. Either Charles or Erik as 007 and the other as their kickass accomplice. Fill the other characters in as needed but world saving shenanigans please!
- Hi! I'm Beckymonster and I'm a Bond nerd. My Bond geekiness is on the upswing at the moment what with the release of Skyfall
which is freakin' awesome! If you haven't seen it, do. Highly recommended. If you want to make either Charles or Erik into Q, then I will love that a hell of a lot. He's a character I've always loved and the new version is just a delight.
4) - Dancing
- This is the Gen prompt (if it wasn't completely obvious) and all I can say is if you choose this - go nuts. I love ballet, modern dance, Strictly Come Dancing (in the UK) jumping around to a song on the radio - you name it, I love it. Who does, who doesn't and to what music.
So - I hope that's given you *something* to work with! If not, talk to the mod about getting (anonymously!) in contact to ask for further intel. More than happy to oblige!